“Faded Glory; Single-story, structures dot the landscape on the graves of greater times. I’m feeling fine. Just rotting on the vine; of Pontiacs, and railroad tracks, and homemade apple pie.”
In the style of “Okie from Muskogee” and dedicated The Great City of Terre Haute, IN, USA, “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute” is the first single from the full length, site specific album, by “2012: 47807:“, The song was produced by Myke Flaherty and RiteSedJed during a lost weekend at The Mill.
In addition to the full song, the Maxi-Single features 9 different renditions, including remixes and covers of the original song. A non site-specific Bonus Track, produced by Myke Flaherty and featuring RiteSedJed, titled, “Metasin (Here Comes Darth Morbius”), is also included.
release date: 02/18/2011 – Physical, first edition, run of 500 & Digital release
(click images to enlarge detail)
design & layout by Myke Flaherty;
design-control & additional layout by Sasha-K
Track listing is as follows:
1. 2wenty2welveIndustries ID
2. 2012:47807: vs. Steve Kash – “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute”
3. 2012:47807: – “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute” (Original Single Version)
4. 2012:47807: – “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute” (Brad Kelly RMX)
5. 2012:47807: – “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute” (Mr. Smeckles RMX)
6. 2012:47807: – “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute” (Myke Flaherty’s Crowpoke RMX)
7. 2012:47807: – “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute” (RiteSedJed RMX)
8. 2012:47807: – “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute” (Myke Flaherty’s Gothic Dance Party RMX)
9. Jon DaCosta – “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute” (cover)
10. 2012:47807: vs. MC Rhino – “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute”
11. 2012: DisputedZone: – Metasin (Here Comes Darth Morbius)
Declaration of Samples:
1) various movie samples utilized [track 5]
2) audio sample of Steve Martin, Steve Allen via “The Steve Allen Comedy Hour” (1980) [Sample used on tracks 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10]
DOWNLOADS (click the images to open media player and download):
*Remix Kit Note: Hey Gang!, the BPM is 90. There are 10 individual tracks that you can use to make your own remix for this song. Just drag and drop the tracks into your multi track editing software, or whatever you use. Or you can use these tracks to learn the instrument parts to make your own cover version! Submit your Remix/Cover “UnderNewYork@gmail.com” for a chance to be included on future releases.
More about 2012:47807:maxi-single:”Excuse Me!, Terre Haute.”:
We think this could be the Official City Song for Terre Haute, IN. Please email Mayor Duke Bennett (Mayor@terrehaute.in.gov) and let him know that you think so too!
Lyrics for “Excuse Me!, Terre Haute” can be found by clicking here.
The upcoming full length album by 2012:47807: is part of the larger, site-specific, recording project “2012: SIte-Specific:“. Site-specific means that the music is geographically organized as per location and the participants must be in the location at the time of recording. Outside samples are rarely used for these projects, as all the samples are generated from real people living or passing through the recording location. Some people contribute chatter,
some sing, and some just make noise. All contribute to a unique lexicon of samples
that are polished and turned into “ready for public consumption” audio tracks.
More about the 2012:Site-Specific: project here:
The 2012:Site-Specific: Recording Project
If your interested to participate, email Myke Flaherty:
An article about the project can be found here:
Terre Haute Living Magazine, Nov.-Dec.,2010